Think Dog! Practical
With Sarah Whitehead and Stella Bagshaw
- Date: Thurs/Fri 16th & 17th May 2019
- Date: Thurs/Fri 15th & 16th August 2019
- Date: Thurs/Fri 10th & 11th October 2019
- Venue: Old Windsor, Berkshire
- Max participants: 14
- Cost: £475 + VAT (=£570 total) to include refreshments & lunch each day
This two-day practical canine handling and training course is designed to help those who have some theoretical knowledge learn modern handling and clicker training techniques in a supportive and enjoyable atmosphere with two of the UK's leading behaviour and training experts. We assess and train dogs in a rehoming centre, to maximise handling and clicker training experience with unknown dogs. This course is designed to provide intensive instruction over two days, covering:
- Understanding canine body language
- Assessing temperament and training needs
- Training dogs using positive reinforcement & clicker training
- Individual coaching from Sarah and Stella
- Practical handling, observation and training with multiple dogs
- Teaching transferable skills that last
This course can change the way you train with dogs forever!
One-Day Focus Practical Session
Walking Nicely on the Lead
Until now, Sarah has only taught this method as part of the two-day ThinkDog Practical course. (That means that if you attended the Practical a while ago, you won’t have had the opportunity to try out this new way of doing things.)
However, in 2018, Sarah Whitehead and Stella Bagshaw are going to run a ONE DAY practical session with a single focus:
Walking nicely on the lead
(And…as a bonus… Sarah will also cover her new ideas
on training dogs not to jump up).
If you've ever wanted to:
- Train alongside Sarah in a practical and hands-on fashion
- Improve your skills and have more confidence in dealing with unknown dogs in practice, rather than text-book theory
- Accelerate your hands-on 'clean clicker training'
...then this course is for you!
Scent Communication in Dogs (Or why it's OK to smell like your dog!)
Experience Sarah's brand NEW lecture filmed LIVE at the Inner Circle Convention 2016! … now you can enjoy it online from the comfort of your own home.
Here's just a snippet of what’s covered:
- How to spot 'social alignment' versus 'resource possession' in dogs
- Practical hands-on suggestions for trainers, behaviourists and vet nursing professionals to make assessments of dogs and their individual needs
- Finally understand why dogs lick (and the different types of licking!) the hidden meaning of rolling, the significance of 'clan odour' and why smelling like your dog isn’t a bad thing!