Think Dog! Practical
With Sarah Whitehead and Stella Bagshaw
- Date: Thurs/Fri 11th & 12th May 2017 FULLY BOOKED
- Date: Thurs/Fri 3rd & 4th August 2017 Book Below
- Date: Thurs/Fri 5th & 6th October 2017 Book Below
- Venue: Chobham, Surrey
- Max participants: 14
- Cost: £475 + VAT (=£570 total) to include refreshments & lunch each day
This two-day practical canine handling and training course is designed to help those who have some theoretical knowledge learn modern handling and clicker training techniques in a supportive and enjoyable atmosphere with two of the UK's leading behaviour and training experts. We assess and train dogs in a rehoming centre, to maximise handling and clicker training experience with unknown dogs. This course is designed to provide intensive instruction over two days, covering:
- Understanding canine body language
- Assessing temperament and training needs
- Training dogs using positive reinforcement & clicker training
- Individual coaching from Sarah and Stella
- Practical handling, observation and training with multiple dogs
- Teaching transferable skills that last
This course can change the way you train with dogs forever!
May 2017 - Already FULLY BOOKED
Scent Communication in Dogs (Or why it's OK to smell like your dog!)
Experience Sarah's brand NEW lecture filmed LIVE at the Inner Circle Convention 2016! … now you can enjoy it online from the comfort of your own home.
Here's just a snippet of what’s covered:
- How to spot 'social alignment' versus 'resource possession' in dogs
- Practical hands-on suggestions for trainers, behaviourists and vet nursing professionals to make assessments of dogs and their individual needs
- Finally understand why dogs lick (and the different types of licking!) the hidden meaning of rolling, the significance of 'clan odour' and why smelling like your dog isn’t a bad thing!
Sarah Whitehead's Ultimate
Masterclass DVD Collection
Experience the most advanced, effective and sought-after canine
behaviour Masterclasses filmed live…but you can enjoy them from
the comfort of your own home
- Resource Guarding - a new view
- Dog-to-Dog Conflict in the home
- Dog-to-Dog Play - what's OK and what's not
Perfect for: Behaviour Practitioners, instructors, class
assistants, rescue and rehoming staff, veterinary staff,
students of canine behaviour and training, dog walkers
and passionate owners!
Seminars, Masterclasses & Focus Days
Sarah's seminars, Masterclasses and Behaviour Focus Days offer a chance to come and share her new thoughts and ideas on all-things behaviour and training. There is no set prerequisite for attendees, although a good level of prior knowledge is assumed so that the group can discuss theory and practice at a practitioner level.
Previous Focus Days have included:
- Sex, Hormones and Neutering
- Dog-Dog Play - what's OK, what's not
- Separation Problems in the Real World
- Puppy to Adolescence
- Resource Guarding
Sarah's events are hosted at various venues, and by special arrangement in other areas of the UK and overseas. Watch this space for events in 2017!